Who We Are
MNCAPD was founded in 2014 by two physically disabled East African Americans residing in Minnesota. They recognized the need for services in their community that addressed language, cultural and social barriers and facilitated access to care, resources and opportunities that empowered them. MNCAPD wants to address the diverse needs of adults and children with physical and mental disabilities for day to day living assistance.We recognize the need for services in the community and know we need to address the wide cultural gap in the disabled community. MNCAPD provides HCBS 245D services, In conjunction with the MN Department of human services as well as a variety of services.
To cultivate opportunities, freedom of choice and accessibility for people with disabilities, amplifying their voices through community, leadership and connection. Our mission is to assist adults and youth with mental health, behavioral and psychological challenges in achieving social integration and being able to access the resources being provided to them. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of disabled African people by providing educational, professional, social, and material resources. Those disabled individuals who are no longer capable of performing their adult responsibilities such as caring for their families, meeting their personal financial obligations and controlling their behavior are being ousted from social society. We envision a community where people with disabilities are more broadly valued, hired by employers, receiving support, and participating in ordinary activities. Our staff is well educated and trained on understanding the struggles and needs of our community. And strives to make you and your families life a priority on receiving all the resources, help and services you need.
- We will see a future where people with disabilities have abundant choices for where they live, work, learn and play
- We will see a future where resources are readily available to people with disabilities in increasingly inclusive communities
- We will see a future where the voices of people with disabilities are elevated within more just & equitable society
- You Lead the Way – We Listen –We honor choice and pursue opportunities with community at the heart of our work.
- Together, We Break Down Barriers-We seek diverse perspectives, advance accessibility, and encourage a sense of belonging for all.
- We Focus on Impact
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards. We share expertise and collaborate to find solutions that address the whole picture